Sugar Skull Halloween Look 1

/
0 Comments
Hello Awesome Readers~

Long time no post! Been very busy this weekend that's why wasn't able to update you much. The wedding event last Saturday that I've been sharing with you went very well. It was a success and the bride liked our service! I am so happy about this! :) And yesterday, I met with another client for the fashion show Arni and I will be participating on Thursday! And as usual we will be their official makeup artists~! ^^ I can't wait~ Wait for my post about the Wedding event, I just have to wait for the pictures from Arni~

Since it's already October and Halloween is fast approaching, I will be presenting to you my first Halloween look. I decided to recreate this Sugar Skull look I got from the internet. I've been really wanting to create a look like this from the time I saw it. Just can't find the perfect timing to do so. Now, Halloween is coming it is the perfect time for me to recreate this Sugar Skull look.

SOURCE


What is Sugar Skull?

According to mexicansugarskull.com, The Day of the Dead is one of the most celebrated holidays in Mexico. "They believe that the gates of heaven are opened at midnight on October 31, and the spirits of all deceased children (angelitos) are allowed to reunite with their families for 24 hours. On November 2, the spirits of the adults come down to enjoy the festivities that are prepared for them.

In most Indian villages, beautiful altars (ofrendas) are made in each home. They are decorated with candles, buckets of flowers (wild marigolds called cempasuchil & bright red cock's combs) mounds of fruit, peanuts, plates of turkey mole, stacks of tortillas and big Day-of-the-Dead breads called pan de muerto. The altar needs to have lots of food, bottles of soda, hot cocoa and water for the weary spirits. Toys and candies are left for the angelitos, and on Nov. 2, cigarettes and shots of mezcal are offered to the adult spirits. Little folk art skeletons and sugar skulls, purchased at open-air markets, provide the final touches. "

That's why they made colorful skulls to celebrate this holiday and to practice their tradition~

Having this said, here is my recreation of the Sugar Skull~


 Products Used:

BYS Matte Foundation in Natural
BYS Pressed Powder in Light
Ever Bilena Pro Finish Powder Foundation in Oriental
Fashion 21 Black Eyeliner
Cream dark brown eyeshadow
120 Shimmer and Matte Palette

 See how I did this on this video~

               
LOVE,

ARRIENNE


You may also like

No comments: