DIY: Ombre Nails

/
1 Comments
Hello Awesome Readers~

Did something really new today! I am so in the mood of trying out new things this week and I am so going to maintain this and continue sharing really cute and fun girly things you can do at home by yourself here on my blog. If you missed out 2 of my earlier posts about Hair (The Overgrown Bang Twist) and Makeup (Get the Look: Avril Lavigne's Here's to Never Growing Up) just click the links provided.

Today's post is all about the nails. I've been really meaning to try this ombre nail fad for the longest time. But I was too lazy to give it a try and I was really scared that it won't look as I expected. Then, yesterday, I decided to finally do it and give in to my desire to try different things everyday. So here it is, my first ever attempt to try Ombre Nails and how I did it! Excuse some boo-boos you can see in my tutorial for the meantime, still new on this.




What you'll be needing:

3 nail polish colors of your choice - it should be darkest to lightest
1 clear nail polish
Nail polish remover
Cotton swabs
Makeup Sponge

What you need to do:

STEP 1: Prep your nails and get it ready for the nail polish application.
STEP 2: Cut the makeup sponge in desire size.
STEP 3: Apply the first color on the sponge. It's up to you if you want to start with darkest color first or lightest color first.
STEP 4: Apply the darkest or the lightest color on the edges of your nails (tip - darkest / near the cuticle- lightest)
STEP 5: Repeat the same process with the other colors. Just keep in mind it should be darkest to lightest.
STEP 6: Clean the edges with a cotton swab soaked in a nail polish remover.
STEP 7: Seal the polish with a clear nail polish.
Then you are done! ^^




I hope you like this post! If you haven't tried this, what are you waiting for. It's fast and easy! No professional nail art training/experience required! I did it so can you! :))

LOVE,

ARRIENNE




You may also like

1 comment:

Janet said...

pretty design! loved it ^_~